Friday, February 8, 2013

Of being away from home

It has been a month today of being away from home. Luckily both my schooling and graduation happened at home town itself. But there had to be a first time. And here I am ,earning my living, hundreds of miles away from haven. While leaving,I had my fears and excitements. I thought I shall be homesick. But I'm not. I thought it shall be difficult for me to adjust with unknown people in an unknown land. But it isn't . I thought I won't be able to adapt in out-of-comfort-zone. But it seems I can. Touchwood. I have really grown up you see.People here are good.The city is also neat and tidy.By the way,I got my first salary too,feels awe-sum-some naa? :)
 
 
 
Howbeit I miss the place I belong to. No matter wherever I go, my heart is where my home is, for it takes me in as I am ,anytime,everytime. The people there yearn to see me and embrace me. I know there is a void there that only I can fill and it is only that place which can make me feel complete.
Here are the few things I truly badly miss ...
1. I miss my room.That very familiar smell,those self-selected interiors and favorite curtains,my warm cozy bed and the soft-soft pillows, my writing table-the cap-less pens and scattered papers,my wardrobe and the mess inside,my big bookshelf, those wallhangings I bought, those nicely put gifts I got,my beeeg desktop and the stuff inside...everything I miss I was so attached with, everything that was exclusively mine. I miss my scooty too. Driving is so much fun, ain't it?

2. I miss Mammy-ke-haath-ka-khana very much. I was very choosy then,nakhrebaaz to be very precise,ye-nahi-khana-wo-nahi-khana. Now realizing how appetizing and delectable that mom-made-meal was, even the things I disliked. The food here is too spicy and sour,not-khayable. I have no choice but to gulp it. I miss those days jab jo farmaaish karo mil jaata tha. The hunger was blissfully satisfied everytime. But here I eat just for the sake of filling my tummy.

3. I miss having good Tea. Yes I do. I am a biggggg tea lover. It has been my companion since ages be it during studying, writing, watching sunset or talking with people.I don't like tea here. The taste is unusual and I really hate that tea-bag-waali-tea. Both mom and I make awesome adrak/elaichi ki chai.No ,I am not boasting,sacchii. At times we had 5-6 cups of tea a day garnished with loads of gossips.Damn,I miss those moments!

4. I miss those shackles that caressed and protected me. Though the feeling of independence is great in itself still I miss those restrictions.Weren't those chains actually threads of love and concern? It felt nice to be looked after. There was always this assurance that if something goes wrong papa/mamma will take care of it. They got worried if I were late or if I was stuck in a problem. Today also they sound apprehensive and caring about my well being but I miss their sheer presence,those they-bother expressions.

5. I miss making coffee/chai for papa, mamma and maggi for bhai and sis. Yes yours truly is expert in making the two. It felt awesome to receive the same bauhat-acchi-bani-hai compliment n number of times. I used to be ready with garmagaram-strong-chai whenever mom came tired after hours of shopping/some outing or when she wasn't feeling well.I know my mom must be missing that bani-banayi-chai,mere-haath-ki.

6.I miss fighting.Yeah its my all time favorite sport; be it verbal or physical. I miss fighting with my bro and sis over something as silly as who will handle the remote of TV, or who got bigger piece of cake or who's turn it is to switch off the lights. Those small little noke-jhonks,that roothna-manana I miss it. I miss asking my father for a packet of chips or an ice-cream cone at eleventh hour of the day, and fighting with him if he didn't get it.Mom used to scold me for not learning cooking and spending too much time on internet. I miss that fight between my logics and her reasons. Daant khana bhi kya koi miss karta hai kya?Shayad haan!

On the top of it all I miss that homely warmth, the love and affection of my parents,being pampered,humor and naughtiness of my siblings, ease and comfort of my surroundings.There is something ineffable about that heaven which only the heart knows of. Corporate world is too sophisticated,I miss that childhood innocence. I really do. :(

13 comments:

  1. Aww...I hope you get used to the ways of living alone. When you do, its awesome. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the tiny details like the cap-less pens, tea-bag-waali-tea, fight between my logics and her reasons. 10 on 10 for sheer expression and Welcome back, U belong here! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks a lot :)..beech beech mei pata nai kahan kho jaati hun :(

      Delete
  3. Initially moving out do bothers us...but slowly life teaches us...
    and missing "mummy k haath ka khana"...that's one thing that in sometime u'll start missing the most...believe me...I'm out for studies since almost 6 years... :P
    BTW...congratulations for the 1st salary... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Good to see u write Again
    As always Expressive voice!! words are dancing in the form of waves :)


    What happened to your poetry blog ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks a lot...dunno...will try to come up with something,hopefully :)

      Delete
  5. Hey Saumya, congratulations!

    Wishing you lots of love and luck in the new city :)

    Keep posting

    ReplyDelete
  6. missing something/someone somewhere would always mean gaining/relishing something else elsewhere ... life is like that :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. yep..law of balancing kinda :P..thanks for dropping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi Saumya, Very Good write Again congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

I care for your views...